Available Positions at LASER
Childcare Site Lead
Reports to: Site Director
Primary Function: Manages and assists in planning, implementing, evaluating, and delivery of a broad range of programs; assists the Site Director in training and managing counselors; assists in planning for camps, clubs, and activities; assists in program management; provides the best possible learning environment for children and works for the best interest of LASER; prepares and purchases materials for programs and activities; works and interacts with children; supervises children safely.
Essential Job Responsibilities (these shall include but are not limited to the following):
- Provide regular supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Assist the Site Director to manage staff and serve as a role model to, mentor, and train staff.
- Be on-site with children, program planning, and program.
- Have the understanding, ability, physical health, emotional stability, and good judgment to meet the needs of the children in care. Be alert and observant.
- Will serve as childcare staff when the role does not interfere with management and supervisory responsibilities.
- May also step up to the Site Director responsibilities if needed and needs to meet the requirements for this position.
- Work as a team member to ensure offering quality and educative programs to children.
- Work with Staff, Lead Staff, and Director to plan and implement developmentally appropriate program activities, including arts and crafts, sports, field trips, cooking, science experiments, and special events daily.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests. Guide children’s behavior and social development.
- Rotate between inside and outside activities and maintain proper Teacher to Child Ratios.
- Supervise children’s play; ensuring their physical safety at all times.
- Monitor the safety and hygiene of children.
- Lift children and equipment.
- Drive the minibus as needed.
- Regularly check supplies, complete weekly/daily purchases, check orders, and work closely with counselors to know their program supply needs.
- Open and close the facilities as instructed and check attendance.
- Watch for signs of emotional, behavioral, and developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of directors.
- Relate well to children and their parents and provide excellent customer service to parents.
- Communicate with parents about information related to the daily routine of the center and the individual child.
- Attend and actively participate in/lead staff meetings, training, and check-ins as scheduled by Director.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations as instructed and complete all the required training.
- Integrate children with special needs into the program, modifying the program and the physical environment if necessary.
- Perform simple first aid in emergencies.
- Refer to the Site Director, Executive Director, and/or CPS for any instances of suspected child abuse, sexual play, or sexual harassment immediately.
- Consult Site Director about any planned absences or schedule changes and fill out Time-Off Request form.
- Work with staff as a team; work on staff conflicts and mediate; create a positive teamwork environment.
- Follow directions, policies, and rules in the Staff Handbook, any training manuals or licensing guidelines, and topics discussed in staff meetings.
- Be willing to accept new responsibilities and work cooperatively with others.
- Address any personality conflicts and performance issues with others, only to the individual involved, or the Site Director in a constructive manner. If you aren’t comfortable talking to the Site Director, you may consult with the Executive Director.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have two years management experience in a related field.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent; Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Driving experience and valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must pass DEL criminal background check.
- Paid personal, sick, holiday leave
- IRA retirement plan (at employee’s option after 1 year of employment)
- Health and dental insurance for employees who work full-time year-round (at employee’s option)
- Disability insurance (at employee’s option)
- Life insurance (at employee’s option)
- Paid time while serving on jury duty
- Full coverage of the employee payroll taxes contributed to the PFML for Washington State
Pay: $18.50 - $21.50 per hour