Available Positions at LASER
Part-Time After-School Counselors
We are currently looking for energetic, reliable, and creative candidates to work part-time in our after-school program. Typical work days are Monday to Friday from 1:45 pm to 6:30 pm (12:30 pm to 6:30 pm on Wednesdays) with the option for additional hours during school breaks and full-time in summer camp care. We can be flexible with the number of days you can work.
Salary Range is $16+/hr depending on experience and qualifications. Positions are available at the Laurelhurst and Bryant sites.
If you are an advocate for education and are interested in working with children, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description and Duties:
- Work as a team member to ensure offering quality and educative programs to children.
- Work with fellow Counselors, Lead Staff, Supervisors, and Director to plan and implement program activities, including arts and crafts, sports, field trips, cooking, science experiments, and special event.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, trainings, and check-ins as scheduled by Director.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about different topics and explore interests.
- Actively participate with and serve as a role model to children at all times.
- Prepare, serve, and clean up after snacks, as well as general cleaning and maintenance of site.
- Monitor the safety and hygiene of children.
- Watch for signs of emotional, behavioral, and developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of directors.
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with children and their families. • Provide excellent customer service to parents.
- Interact with students, staff, and parents in a professional manner.
- Provide routine first aid in cases of minor injury.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, based on an elementary school schedule: half days, early dismissal, and camp days during school breaks.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Driving experience is preferred but not required.
- Prior childcare experience is a plus.
- Experience in leading games and organizing activities with groups of children is highly desirable. • Must pass DEL criminal background check.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations as instructed and complete all the required trainings.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour