Available Positions at LASER
Part-Time After-School Counselors
Accepting qualified applications throughout the year
We are currently looking for energetic, reliable, and creative candidates to work part-time in our after-school program. Typical work days are M-F in the afternoon with the option for additional hours during school breaks and full-time in summer camp care. Salary Range is $16.50 - $19/hr depending on experience and qualifications. Job locations are in the Laurelhurst/Bryant areas.
Job Description and Duties:
- Work as a team member to ensure offering quality and educative programs to children.
- Work with fellow Counselors, Lead Staff, Supervisors, and Director to plan and implement program activities, including arts and crafts, sports, field trips, cooking, science experiments, and special event.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, trainings, and check-ins as scheduled by Director.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about different topics and explore interests.
- Actively participate with and serve as a role model to children at all times.
- Prepare, serve, and clean up after snacks, as well as general cleaning and maintenance of site.
- Monitor the safety and hygiene of children.
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with children and their families.
- Provide excellent customer service to parents.
- Interact with students, staff, and parents in a professional manner.
- Provide routine first aid in cases of minor injury.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, based on an elementary school schedule: half days, early dismissal, and camp days during school breaks.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Swimming skills are required.
- Driving experience is preferred but not required.
- Prior childcare experience is a plus.
- Experience in leading games and organizing activities with groups of children is highly desirable.
- Must pass DEL criminal background check.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations as instructed and complete all the required training.