LASER Summer Camp
Update for Summer Camp 2023 - June 2023
We are excited to offer a fun and safe summer camp this year. LASER Summer Camp will run from Wednesday, July 5th to Wednesday, August 30th, from 8 am to 6:30 pm at Bryant elementary school (Our Laurelhurst location will not be open for summer camp).
All children 5 to 12 years old may attend LASER summer camp, including incoming kindergarteners. Registration is by week only; we are not able to accommodate part-time or drop-in schedules. Camp is $415 per week, unless otherwise noted.
Here is our 2023 Summer Camp Daily Field Trip Schedule!
2023 Summer Camp Schedule
A typical schedule for a Summer Camp day is as follows:
Welcome Circle Time
Morning Enrichment Rotations
Free Time/Get Ready for Field Trip
Field Trip/Onsite Enrichment
Return from Field Trip
|4:30-5:30||Afternoon Choice Time|
|5:30-6:30||Free Time/Quiet Time until LASER Closes|
What To Bring
For summer camp, your child should bring a backpack with:
- Nutritious, nut-free sack lunch that does not require refrigeration or heating
- Good walking shoes (flip flops may be worn as secondary footwear only)
- Water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat (sunscreen is required only if your child is not using LASER’s complementary sunscreen)
Please note that LASER is a nut-free program. If you pack a lunch that includes nuts, your child is not able to eat it at LASER. We will keep the lunch you provided in our kitchen and give back to you at pick up time. We will provide a lunch for free if it’s the first time, and we charge $15 if repeated. If you forget to pack lunch for your child, we charge $15 to provide lunch.
Our Summer Camp Policies
Please see below for our registration and cancellation policies:
- At the time of registration, you will need to pay 50% of tuition for your registered weeks of camp. There is also an option to pay in full, if you would prefer. After July 1st, 100% of tuition will be due at registration.
- For children covered by subsidies, please contact email@example.com for a coupon code to waive the payment due at registration.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted 4 weeks prior to the start of the camp week. There will be no refund if cancellation happens within 4 weeks.
- Each week of camp has a $25 non-refundable cancellation fee. This fee is included in the cost of the week; but in the event of cancellation (even if it is prior to the four-week deadline), you will be responsible for the non-refundable $25/camp week.
- The “new student registration” fee is $25/week for up to a maximum of $100 for all new students. If your child already participates in our after-school program, their new student registration fee has already been paid and they will not be charged a registration fee for summer camp. Students who have paid a portion of this $100 fee will continue to pay until they meet the $100 maximum.
- A late registration fee of $25 will be added to any registrations received within 7 days of the desired camp week.
The Department of Health requires one of the following sunscreen forms to be completed for each student.
If you are okay with Banana Boat SPF 50+ for Kids being applied to your child, please fill out the Program-Provided Sunscreen form.
If you would prefer an alternative sunscreen that you provide, please fill out the Sunscreen from Home form.
If your child has any allergies or medication that will need to be kept at LASER for routine use or in case of emergency, we will need the following forms completed per medication.
Once your child starts at LASER, we will need the medication along with the following applicable forms in a Zip-loc bag with your child's name on it.