LASER Summer Camp
Update for Summer Camp 2022 - Feb, 2022
We are excited to offer a fun and safe summer camp this year. LASER Summer Camp will run from Wednesday, June 22nd to Wednesday, August 31st, from 8 am to 5 pm at Bryant elementary school (Our Laurelhurst location will not be open for summer camp).
All children 5 to 12 years old may attend LASER summer camp, including incoming kindergarteners. Registration is by week only; we are not able to accommodate part-time or drop-in schedules. Camp is $400 per week, unless otherwise noted.
2022 Summer Camp Schedule
A typical schedule for summer camp is as follows:
Open/Free Play/Enrichment Activities
Morning Free Play
Enrichment Activities/Group Game Activities
Morning Meeting/Icebreaker Games
Lunch On-Site or On Field Trip
At Field Trip/Enrichment Activities at LASER
Returning from Field Trip/Free Time (Indoor or Outdoor)
|3:30-4:45||Late Afternoon Enrichment Activities|
|4:45-5:00||LASER Closing Procedures|
LASER Childcare will operate summer camp with strict guidelines listed below.
- We will monitor kids closely and will perform health checks if kids have symptoms or as needed.
- Any equipment used for the daily health checks will either be disposed or disinfected in
between each usage and at the end of the day. Staff handling the equipment will wear gloves while working with this equipment.
- Masks are not required by highly encouraged for LASER staff and children.
- If staff or children are running a fever of 100° F [37.8° C] or greater, have a cough, and/or difficulty breathing, or other COVID-19 symptoms, they will be sent home and told to contact their healthcare provider. They can return to the program when following current CDC and SPS guidelines.
- All employees are required to maintain excellent personal hygiene habits, such as washing hands repeatedly, and avoiding touching one’s face, eyes, and mouth. Staff will instruct students to follow the same guidelines.
- Parents are not allowed in the rooms for drop off and pick up. They need to stay outside of the building and notify staff of their arrival by ringing the bell or knocking on the door. The drop off/pick up sheet will be signed by a LASER Counselor.
- Since we are serving a small population, we don’t anticipate the drop off and pick up times will be a challenge. However, if we see the need, we will consider staggering drop off times and pick up times.
- No visitors are allowed in the rooms during LASER operation times. School custodian and staff are not excluded unless there is an emergency situation decided by the Site Director.
- Staff are required to notify their Supervisor if they are infected with Coronavirus, have been in contact or are caring for someone exposed to the Coronavirus.
What To Bring
For summer camp, your child should bring a backpack with:
- Nutritious, nut-free sack lunch that does not require refrigeration or heating
- Good walking shoes (flip flops may be worn as secondary footwear only)
- Water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat (sunscreen is required only if your child is not using LASER’s complementary sunscreen)
Please note that LASER is a nut-free program. If you pack a lunch that includes nuts, your child is not able to eat it at LASER. We will keep the lunch you provided in our kitchen and give back to you at pick up time. We will provide a lunch for free if it’s the first time, and we charge $15 if repeated. If you forget to pack lunch for your child, we charge $15 to provide lunch.
Our Summer Camp Policies
Please see below for our registrationandcancellation policies:
- At the time of registration, regardless of how many weeks of camp you select, you will need to pay a total of $105 per child to hold your spot for the desired weeks of camp. This payment includes the $100 new student registration fee (if applicable) and $5 online application fee.
- The “new student registration” fee is $25/week for up to a maximum of $100 for all new students. If your child already participates in our after-school program, their new student registration fee has already been paid and they will not be charged a registration fee for summer camp. In this case, your $100 payment at registration will be applied to your 50% summer camp payment (described below). Students who have paid a portion of this $100 fee will continue to pay until they meet the $100 maximum.
- After you register for camp, you will be invoiced separately for 50% of the total cost of the camp, for the total number of weeks you select. Payment for the 50% summer camp cost is due within one week of registration. The remainder is due every Monday once summer camp starts. Payment plans are available. Please contact us for more information on setting up a payment plan.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted 4 weeks prior to the start of the camp week. There will be no refund if cancellation happens within 4 weeks.
- Each week of camp has a $25 non-refundable registration fee. This fee is included in the cost of the week; but in the event of cancellation (even if it is prior to the four-week deadline), you will be responsible for the non-refundable $25/camp week.
- A late registration fee of $25 will be added to any registrations received within 7 days of the desired camp week.
Please see below for our 2022 Summer Camp flyer with weekly themes.
The Department of Health requires one of the following sunscreen forms to be completed for each student.
If you are okay with Banana Boat SPF 50+ for Kids being applied to your child, please fill out the Program-Provided Sunscreen form.
If you would prefer an alternative sunscreen that you provide, please fill out the Sunscreen from Home form.
If your child has any allergies or medication that will need to be kept at LASER for routine use or in case of emergency,we will need the following forms completed per medication.
Once your child starts at LASER, we will need the medication in a zip-lock bag with your child's name on it.